Thursday, October 31, 2013

JOTD: Juice of the Day

I've been trying to make more conscious decisions about what I'm putting into my body and just be better about my overall health so a few months ago I started making green smoothies at home using my oster single serve blender . I would blend kale, spinach , a banana, and half an apple together with water and drink that for breakfast. The oster blender blended it very well and it was smooth but it didn't blend everything smoothly like carrots . So, I wanted to get a real juicer.  

I bought this cuisineart brand juicer for about $35 bucks . I've only used it twice but so far I'm liking it and experimenting with different combinations. 

I used carrots and 2 medium oranges in the first one I made. 


I bought a 1lb bag of carrots from Kroger for .79 and used half the bag. 

The next time I used kale , half a cucumber and 1 medium green apple 

I'll be sure to post more on the recipes or any differences I notice since I've started juicing. 

Thanks for visiting ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment