Sunday, October 20, 2013

WASH DAY: HAIR REGIMEN

Hey Guys!

Here is my hair regimen on wash day. I usually wash my hair only once a week and usually air dry either by putting in a bun or using the scarf method. I purchased most of these items from Walmart and my local beauty supply store but I've included links to where you can purchase the items online if you can't find them in your area.

Shampoo & Conditioner:   Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Smoothing Shampoo &
Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Replenishing Conditioner
SHAMPOO CLAIMS 
  • Smoothes Out Frizzy Hair 
  • Replenishes Moisture & Nutrients 
  • Removes Product Buildup 
  • Softer, With a Smoother Texture 
  • Makes Hair Easier to Style 
  • Healthier & Stronger Hair
CONDITIONER CLAIMS 
  • For Frizzy, Weak or Color-Treated Hair
  • Increases Moisture Levels
  • Softens Tight Curls
  • Shiner with Extra Bounce
  • Easier to Style
  • No Sulfates or Parabens
 BOTTOM LINE
    I used this system for the first time Friday and I like it ! Both products are Sulfate and Paraben free which is a plus. They both also include keratin protein and vitamin E. It lathers VERY WELL and smells great. Reminiscent of ORS olive oil shampoo ( not sure if that's the correct name) I prefer to use sulfate free shampoo's because I like how they leave my hair properly cleansed but not stripped of moisture. I feel they make my hair feel incredibly soft like how my hair would feel after rinsing out conditioner. I also recommend Cream Of Nature Argan Oil sulfate free shampoo.
     I feel I would have to repurchase the conditioner more often than the shampoo because it only contains 8.5 ounces of product versus the 13.5 ounces the shampoo does and with my thick, arm pit length hair I really lay conditioner on thick ! Overall, I liked the product. It left my hair smooth, soft, smelled good and it
had good slip.

DEEP CONDITIONER: Texture My Way Dual Intensive Conditioner

CLAIMS
  • protein-rich formula is enhanced with Shea Butter and Extra Virgin olive Oil soften, strengthen, shine and revitalize lack-luster, hard-to-manage hair textures
  • When used either as a co-wash or rinse out conditioning treatment, this deep moisture therapy leaves hair feeling hydrated, softer and healthier, while stretching your natural texture, making it easier to comb & style

BOTTOM LINE 
      I like to use this as a deep conditioner before or after shampooing. Lately, because I'm trying to give my hair some extra tlc before I get my sew in,  I've been using it as a deep conditioner before shampooing. I will put some of this in a separate container and mix in heated EEVO or whatever other oil i'm trying to get rid of and about 2 tablespoons of honey and let it sit in under a plastic cap for about 30-45 mins. It does a great jobs of moisturizing.
     This does a good job of moisturizing as a stand alone. I was glad to find this product while I was in between transitioning (which I've done on and off for the last 2 years) it helped make my hair easier to comb. It doesn't contain any sulfates, parabens, mineral oil or petroleum. 

DETANGLER:  Mane 'n Tail Detangler  or Texture My Way Easy Comb Detangler & Softening Cream

 

CLAIMS
  • The solution for hard-to-comb hair
  • Provides a rich, luxurious shine
  • Hair becomes easily manageable
  • Restores lost moisture
  • Prevents breakage
  • Reduces split ends


                               CLAIMS

  • Softens & Loosens tight & hard to manage textures
  • Conditions as it detangles
  • humectants drench hair w/ moisture
  • Can be used as daily moisturizer


 BOTTOM LINE 
 I alternate both of these products depending on how tangled my hair actually is how it feels. The mane n tail does what it says it does. I use this mostly when I feel I really have a tangled mess on my hair. It helps tremendously ! Glides the comb right through.. ( thinks back to childhood.. would've been nice if my mom used this instead of me fallin out everytime I got my hair combed. )
    Now onto the texture my way easy comb.. I LOVE THIS STUFF yall! Not only does it smell wonderful it actually detangles and moisturizes my hair. Texture my way products are marketed towards women with curly hair, wavy hair, natural hair, mixed ethnicity hair,   basically any thicker or ethnic hair! don't have sulfates, parabens, petroleum or mineral oil. I really like to use this when I wear my hair curly it leaves my curls moisturized, soft and shiny and when I use it in my braidouts they turn out great. The olive oil and Shea butter does a good job of moisturizing the hair. My bottle is about empty and I need to get another !

CLAIMS

  • Use Olive Oil & Butter Moisturizer daily for softer fuller looking hair
  • Moisturizing Butter of Mango and Olive Oil helps strengthen and protect hair against breakage, split-ends and dryness


 CLAIMS
  • Adds strength and moisture to even the most dry, brittle hair
  • Helps strengthten and protect hair against breakage, split-ends and dryness
  • A perfect multi-purpose oil for dry hair, scalp & skin



BOTTOM LINE
      I give the Olive oil & Mango butter just an okay rating. I think it works better when put on my hair before blowdrying or while doing a braidout or twistout but not as a nightly moisturizer when my hair is straight. It moisturizes my hair and smells good but I feel I get a better result using the texture my way as a moisturizer. 
     I usually use Virgin Coconut oil or Doo Gro Mega thick growth oil but was pulled in by my inner beauty junkie self while in the beauty supply store. I like this oil, use it to seal after applying my moisturizer. I replaced the cap it comes with a nozzle applicator top. I feel i can control the amount that goes on my scalp better with this type of top. It smells good and leaves my hair shiny although some days I feel it kinda just sits on top my hair so I may return to Virgin coconut oil. I may finish using this as a hot oil treatment or inside my deep conditioner. I will keep you guys updated on these products.

Thanks for visiting !
Be sure to visit my youtube page as well! www.youtube.com/marleymonroe

VIDEO REVIEW
 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment